Students of the Weyburn Comprehensive School's Entrepreneurship 30 class are taking part in the Junior Achievement Program. It allows students to open a real company and learn the ins and outs of owning and running a legitimate business. Every student has specific duties within the company whether it be production, financial, marketing, etc.
One such Junior Achievement business this year is Essential Solutions. Falynn Bell, vice president of marketing, visited our studios to talk about their company that was created by eleven students:
- Savannah Pohl - Co-president & VP of sales
- Cassidy Pope - Co-president & VP of finance
- Sheridan Hemphill - Co-president & VP of human resources
- Breanne Klein - VP of information technology
- Falynn Bell - VP of marketing & health/safety
- Zoe Thompson - VP of production
- Alina Van Stavern - Sales & marketing
- Steffani Villiones - Production
- Dianne Dayang - Information technology
- Brooklyn Lang - Sales & marketing
- Zabrina Carter-North - Information technology
"We sell air fresheners and body butter infused with essential oils," explained Bell, "We chose essential oils because it gives off a good scent as well as benefits your body."
Hear the entire conversation with Falynn Bell here: