A workplace accident near Midale in 2013 has resulted in fines for a Calgary company.
Elswick Energy plead guilty to one count under Occupational Health and Safety legislation and was fined $28,000. The company faced a charge of failing to develop written procedures for employees who handle substances that may spontaneously ignite. That came after an accident at an oilfield near Midale in July of 2013. A worker was reigniting a burner when they sustained serious burns.
Two other charges against the company were stayed.